Cast Iron Dutch oven is a cooking pot made of very heavy metal and has a lid. Most are made of iron or aluminum metals.A Cast IronDutch oven is that perfect solutions for your cooking especially meals that take longer to get ready.It can be used in the oven or stopover cooking.
The name is derived from its property composition and the way it cooks food by holding heat inside and then distributing it to the food evenly .The makes the food cook very fast .Most home have at least one Cast Iron Dutch Oven for cooking large heavy meals. Cast Iron Dutch ovens come in different sizes, colors and designs. Some have one handle while others have two.
Types of Cast Iron Dutch ports
Cocotte this is an interesting type of aCast Iron Dutch pot whereby it can cook and serve. It made in such a way that it can withstand high temperatures when cooking .Its elegant design also makes it perfect for the diningtable.
Enameled cast-iron potthis Dutch pot is made up of a combination of carbon and iron that makes it have very hard properties. It has different designs and depths up to 6” deep. These gives you the choice for your nice pancakes and eggs or cooking your family rice
Staub Dutch this Dutch pot can be used for both baking and cooking. It can also be used as a grill pan for all your meat, poultry and fish.
Advantages of Cast Iron Dutch ports
- Saves energy- charcoal,coal,wood electricity or any other source of energy can be slightly expensive moreso if it is used in large quantities.Due to the ability to retain the heat, it allow minimal energy to be used and.
- Keeps food warm-Yes its heavy metallic material prevents heat lose to the outside. Food can be cooked in the morning and still be warm 2-3 hours later. If you are having visitors then no need to worry about warming food, Dutch pots are your perfect solution.
- Variety of choices-Today, people are discovering and trying out new meals every time. Some require certain models (oval, circular).Dutch pots wide variety of shapes ensurethat you can make your meal comfortable.If you want different colors for your different types of meals,say veggies maroon,Blue for stews,and black for course meals then worry not for they come in multiple colors.
- Size -Dutch pots amazingly come in all sizes to suit you. For large meals you can go for the big ones and for the small meals you can opt for the small sized ports.
- Durable-Unlike other cooking ports, the heavy material of Dutch pots maintains its service to you. They are not easily broken and can also cook in very high temperatures. A port can serve you for many years therefore cutting you the cost of constant replacement.
- Keep them in a places they cannot fall.
- During washing do not use a hard scabbing material for it destroys its smoothness.
- Apply oil on it before storage.